Mr Diagnostic - The leader in mobile Automotive Diagnostics in New England

Automotive
Automotive Diagnostics
Economic Choices
powered by

Mr Diagnostics Thoughts

Hyundai connector issues

I had a good one a few weeks ago that I wanted to share. A Hyundai car was having ABS issues. The light was on and they couldn't communicate with the module. They checked for power and ground on the terminals to the module by back probing them and everything tested fine so they changed the module with a used one. The same problem was there. They sent it to the dealer and they said the used module was junk. The customer went and got another one and it did the same as the other two. The dealer told them they needed to buy a brand new one and it would be fixed. This is when I get the call to get involved. I test power and ground at the module and it is there. We unplugged all the sensors and checked wiring between the module and sensors...it checked out fine. At this point I would have said bad module too. Then I remembered a problem I had with Hyundai O2 sensors. The plugs that mated together for the O2 sensor had pin grip issues. The pins in the plug didn't make a good connection. I asked the customer if the plug came with any of the used modules. One of them did. We took the plug and slid it onto the module and you could feel the difference between the plug from the cars wiring harness and the plug from the used unit. The used one was much tighter and slid on harder than the one wired to the vehicle. I advised the customer on how to splice the used connector into the vehicles harness. He called a few days later and said it worked. There are tools out there to test pin grip for most plugs and most people don't have them. If you are going to test electronics I strongly suggest buying a set. It could save you a lot of time and misdiagnosis.

7 Comments to Hyundai connector issues:

Comments RSS
Dissertation writing services UK on Friday, January 18, 2019 8:08 PM
Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for providing these details.
Reply to comment

astronomy homework help on Thursday, March 07, 2019 2:45 PM
Really excited to see that now on this platform one can avail cheap writing by the most professional writers. really happy that this kind of platform is also available.
Reply to comment

Whale Watching in Cabo on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:10 PM
ABS issues are a mess. You should guide us the details while buying a used car. It will be helpful. thanks
Reply to comment

Dissertation Writing Services UK on Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:09 PM
Hyundai car is one of those popular cars in the world, which almost every person wishes to have to. writing contains the information defines the features of this car and many others, for the visitors of the site.
Reply to comment

ewritingservice.com review on Friday, May 31, 2019 4:01 PM
My husband faced same issue. He had no idea about its solution. He recovered that in a few days then. I thought visited some post like this one to get help.
Reply to comment

heavy haul load boards on Friday, August 30, 2019 4:13 AM
I discovered your this post while hunting down some related data on website search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.
Reply to comment

cheap dissertation writing service on Monday, September 02, 2019 2:25 AM
I want to buy new car because my old car is not suitable now a days , it is so old , thanks for telling me its procedure .
Reply to comment